The 2nd Pan-Eurasian Experiment (PEEX) Science Conference is open for all scientists interested in research on grand challenges and global change. The Conference is bringing professional and scientific experts together under research themes related to land-atmosphere-aquatic-anthropogenic systems. It is a scientific platform to discuss further steps for the PEEX Science Plan implementation, and explore better scientific approaches to global sustainable development. The PEEX vision includes establishing and maintaining long-term, coherent and coordinated research activities along with infrastructures for education and research across the PEEX domain. This is a unique opportunity to explore cooperation for the sustainable development of the “the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road” environment.
The 2nd PEEX Science Conference focuses on, but is not limited to, the following themes:
Observations and data management/infrastructure
· Earth observations for Arctic and cold regions
· Estimating and monitoring anthropogenic emissions in Arctic and cold regions
· Earth observations for arid and semi-arid environments
· Earth observations for atmosphere and reanalysis
· Carbon and nitrogen monitoring and biogeochemical cycles
· Earth observations from satellites to in situ measurements
· Remote sensing products, validation, calibration and assimilation
· Big Earth Data and data management infrastructures
· Global/regional water and energy circle
· Multi-scale modelling and climatic change
· Atmospheric environment and aerosols
· Climatology of the high-latitude planetary boundary layer
· Turbulent exchange across strongly heterogeneous interfaces
· Land ecosystems & land-atmosphere interactions
· Changing land ecosystem processes
· Impacts of climate change and cryospheric changes
Impacts, adaptation and management
· Environment of the Silk Road Economic Belt (SREB) and Eurasian Economic Union (EEU)
· Urban air quality and megacities
· Natural hazards and societal impacts (disaster and mitigation)
· Environmental changes, social transformations, mitigation and adaptation planning
· Multidisciplinary-education and education programs
PEEX is a multidisciplinary, multi-scale research program aimed at resolving the major uncertainties in Earth System Sciences and global sustainability issues concerning the Arctic and boreal Pan-Eurasian regions as well as China. The overall goal of PEEX is to solve interlinked global challenges like climate change, air quality, biodiversity loss, chemicalisation, food supply, energy production and fresh water in integrative way recognizing the increasing role of the arctic and northern boreal forests in the context of global change.
PEEX Science Plan describes the program objectives and science with particular focus on PEEX research agenda, research infrastructure, and impact on society and knowledge transfer.
The PEEX implementation will consist of (i) co-ordination and facilitation of existing activities (research-infrastructure-education) in the PEEX domain, (ii) establishing new PEEX activities such as research projects or new measurement sites and (iii) collaboration with international organization and networks to find synergies and common activities, (iv) opening a dialogue with stakeholders and end-users.
For more information, please visit PEEX Official Website.